Both full casket and cremation burial sites are available on the hillside overlooking the lake. Depending on their location, graves may be marked with a bronze plaque on either a natural rock base or a flat granite base.
Cremation burial sites are also available along the Nature Trail that meanders around the perimeter of the property. These burial sites are all marked with bronze plaques on a rock base.
Whichever option you select, your “chosen spot” at Canandaigua Lakeview Cemetery will keep you close to the lake you love – forever.
At Canandaigua Lakeview Cemetery our unique layout features colorful, landscaped beds surrounded by natural rock memorials. In between the beds are lawn areas dotted with flush memorials. You will not see rows of monuments here! Just a peaceful, rural setting with panoramic lake views.
In addition to your choice of view, you will also select a grave by the type of memorialization you prefer.
These graves are all marked by a natural rock at the head of the grave. The rocks are included in the price of the grave. You may add a bronze plaque with names, dates, emblems and favorite sayings for one or two people (depending on the type of grave you purchase) at a cost that is hundreds less than an upright monument.
These graves are all marked by a flat 8”x11” bronze plaque (additional cost) on a granite base. Bronze plaques may include names and dates for one or two people, two emblems and up to ten words of endearment. Additional words and emblems available for an added cost
Cremation is just one means of preparing a body for burial. Selecting a permanent burial site will give all friends and family members a place to visit and remember and will preserve your unique family’s heritage for future generations.
At Canandaigua Lakeview Cemetery, all cremation-only burial sites are marked by a natural rock, included in the price. You may add a bronze plaque with names, dates, emblems and favorite sayings for one or two people (depending on the type of grave purchased) at a cost that is hundreds less than an upright monument.
You may select a cremation grave in one of these two areas:
The Waterview Section of our Nature Trail for Cremation Burials, as the name implies, provides stunning views of Canandaigua Lake. Since these graves are located at the top of the hill, they are some of the best views in the cemetery.
The Woodland Section of our Nature Trail for Cremation Burials is located in a natural forest that runs along the northern boundary of the cemetery. The Trail overlooks a ravine that carries springtime rains and snowmelt down to the lake below. These gravesites do not have a view of the lake, but the forest setting provides a peaceful, shady retreat on a hot, summer day.
Why Plan Ahead?
There are many benefits to selecting and paying for your burial property in advance. By identifying the benefits of pre-planning that mean the most to YOU, you are one step closer to the biggest benefit of all . . . peace of mind, both for you and for your survivors.
- Making these decisions together now means one of you will never have to do this alone.
- Making these decisions for yourselves means your children will never have to make them for you.
- Paying for your property now means no one else will have to pay for it later.
- You will save money by taking time to compare options and prices now rather than waiting until a time of crisis.
- Locking in today’s prices with a purchase now will protect you and your survivors from the effects of inflation over the coming years.
- Paying a little bit each month is much easier on the family budget than one large, unexpected, outlay of cash. (Cemetery costs must be paid in full BEFORE burial is made.)
- Once you’ve made these arrangements and filed your will, you will have done a lot to preserve your assets for your heirs.